| 
Latest News

Cristiano Ronaldo: 'I can’t please everyone'

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 , Posted by zubairbh at 10:38 AM

Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is feeling the heat following Portugal's dismal qualifying matches leading up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Ronaldo, 24, was disappointed when team Portugal lost to Denmark Sept. 5 and tied with Sweden recently. Cristiano Ronaldo headshot
“We are sad, and we know that we have to do better,” Cristiano told reporters after the Denmark game. “I can please a lot of people and bring happiness to many, but I can’t please everyone.”
The super-competitive Ronaldo once admitted that he cries after losing a match. "I still cry sometimes out of sadness when we lose," Cristiano confessed.
In fact, Ronaldo's older sister Elma revealed that Cris used to cry over the phone to her after he left his home island of Madeira to play with Sporting Lisbon at the tender age of 11.

"He was alone in Portugal and used to cry on the phone many nights," said Elma. "We cried too because we missed him, and because he was young and alone."
Fortunately, Ronaldo's early sacrifices have paid off big time. In June, Cristiano made history as the world's most expensive footballer after Real Madrid paid a record  £80 million transfer fee to acquire him from Manchester United.
Since then, Ronaldo has stated he is training around the clock to recover his form.  "I will prove to myself, my family, those who love me and those people who hired me, that I am worth it," he said. "I am very demanding of myself and I am working hard to reach the level that I am used to playing at. The pressure is great, but I am used to that."

Team Portugal faces off against Hungary Sept. 9 before home matches, a return game with the Hungary, and Malta. Meanwhile, Real Madrid will play Espanyol Barcelona Sept. 12.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment